Monday, August 14, 2006

Pune - Off road experience

I thought that Bangalore was the only place in India where people talked about driving on "what is left of the road". Today, I got a mail from a friend in Pune, who've said that he has been having a very good "off road experience".

He says that for the first time he is using his SUV effectively.

However, that is just I thought his way of consoling me in my distress. We cannot look at another city and take solace in the thought that we are not "worse off".

How about reviewing the technology in road building - do we need to provide for the following
- Some mode to retain camber and get water off the tarmac
- Maybe some ruling to channel water out ?
- How about a layer that absorbs water from the top and squirts in the side (some kind of sponge)
- Binder with old PVC bottle, recycled plastic etc ?

Hmmm... I need to think some more.

What did I learn today ?
Indra Nooyi has been made CEO of Pepsi.... way to go !

1 comment:

  1. Probably, improving the sewerage system, so that water could clear off the road.

    - Mukesh

    ReplyDelete