Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good / Better user interfaces techniques : Example of the worldcup schedule

I was pointed to this page a couple of days ago by a posting in my old company network ie. Tulbuddies.
As usual, I kept the URL aside and did not bother until I was surfing last evening and happened to check out the schedule - was blown away with the simplicity and completeness of the UI design.


When you have time, please check out http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

I love the way Adobe flash has been used in the structure and I'm sure this will look better if I had a touch screen rather than a point-&-click mouse.

Goes to show that we need to all unlearn our old usability metaphors (of quick-keys etc) and re-think how we can deploy multidimensional UI structures both in these kind of static pages as also reports and business intelligence within applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment