Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Common sparrows : A lost sight in Bangalore : BIAL has some !

Another post related to BIAL (Bengaluru International Airport) and this one has NOTHING to do with the facility, size, baggage handling etc. This is to do with the sighting of a number of common sparrows !

I'm not sure how many people remember the time in Bangalore where one would sight sparrows, mynahs and the "did you do it" ? bird in abundance.

I'm told that the increase in the crow and the grey pigeon / dove has almost wiped out the sparrow population in the city.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear loud "chirping" in the arrival hall of BIAL on monday. I stopped, looked around to validate that the noise was NOT from an "electronic bird" and was awarded with the sight of a small sparrow flying from one girder to another !

I stood looking around for more of these and as I was looking around, I also noticed a BIAL official with a Motorola "Walkie Talkie" also looking up and around. He was inside the arrivals area and I was already out of the security area. If not, I was going to go up to him and have a chat about his intentions !

I fervently hope that he was not looking around to chase these sparrows away !. That would certainly be a shame and a loss of opportunity for BIAL in terms of a redemption :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment