Thursday, April 17, 2008

SaaS / ASP model : Is it for India ?

I think over the next few months / years, Software as a service / the hosted Application model is going to get to primetime in a few markets.

The question is, is it the right model for the new "growth" markets in India and China ?

I, for one, think it is. Especially for bits like ERP / CRM and business applications.

Infact, I'd wager that this is the "real" market for such a deployment. There is not enough of process maturity to have implemented differentiated process, but, with sufficient setup on the ISO base to get to a common application process model to be able to share the application set.

In terms of processes that I think is going to go over first.

- SSC components like payroll, GL consolidation / reporting, procurement etc.
- ISO documentation components
etc. etc.

One of these days, I think I'll put in some more thought on this and list what I think is going to work....

As usual, one more TO-DO ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment